This is a Nationally Recognised Qualification. This course is a competence-based qualification. It is approved by Focus Awards and has been designed for those who want to start a career as a teacher in the further education sector.
- Enrol today for immediate access to our online student community.
- 100% money back guarantee - if you're not satisfied we're not satisfied!**
- Complete in as little as 4 Months
- Enrol for only a £50.00 deposit.
- Choose how you want to pay!
Qualification- Level 3
Total Creadits- 3
This course is a competence-based qualification. It is approved by Focus Awards and has been designed for those who want to start a career as a teacher in the further education sector. It is easy to break through into the teaching industry now without having to go through the long process of PGCE, etc.. This qualification has replaced the PTTLS qualification since August 2014.
- Be competent in your field, the subject your want to teach
- Level 2 written and spoken English (Equivalent to GCSE A-C)
- Basic understanding of lifelong learning
- IT literate (Internet, Microsoft office)
- Able to understand and interpret course materials
- Self-motivated and willing to complete and achieve
- The course is delivered online through our cutting edge ilearn portal
- Our professionally written course materials will teach and guide you step by step
- You will have dedicated Assessors who will provide support and assess your work
- You will be assessed through a series of questions to assess your knowledge
- Unit 2 will be assessed through you practically delivering a micro-teach session where you will be observed by your Assessor
Understanding Roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training (3 credits)
This is the mandatory unit for the course, where you will learn about your role as a teacher in lifelong learning. It is the foundation of the course and will give you all the knowledge you need to be effective as a teacher in lifelong learning.
Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training (6 credits)
This unit is a mixture of knowledge and practical and will give you the understanding you need to be able to understand the various learning and teaching strategies and methods. You will also learn about equality and diversity and their importance. You will also learn about planning an inclusive session, using inclusive approaches and assessment methods. You will have the opportunity to plan and deliver a short lesson as part of your micro-teach.
Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (3 credits)
This unit is about assessment and will teach you everything you need to know about it. If in the future you decide to become an Assessor, having completed this unit you will get an exemption for unit 1 of the Assessor course.